viernes, 19 de octubre de 2018

Breath





-What is the meaning of Life for you? -Asked the teacher
-For me, life is breathing. - I answered after a while.

Sometimes when I´m feeling down,
I feel like I´ve forgotten to breathe. 
Suddenly, I say to myself that I´ve been days, weeks, months without really breathing.

I breathe so slightly that I don´t even fill a quarter of my lungs. 
I breathe so little by little that I sometimes gasp like a fish on the deck of a ship,
and then, I realize that I must stop, close my eyes and go back to the really beginning: the real breath.

It is not the breathing that simply keeps you alive, 
nor the breathing that stays on the surface, 
but that which drowns you, 
it is not that breathing.

Life is real breath, 
it's stopping the engine and feeling full, 
it's that deep breathing that floods every cell in you and which makes the difference between living or simply surviving.

Life is that breath that fills your chest and makes you smile, 
just for being alive.

María Martul 2018.

x

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario